Nutritional Immunology & Pathogens: A Masterclass
Nutritional Immunology: Pathogen Recognition & Response
A two-part Live Training Course on Nutritional Immunology
Dr. Robert Rountree, MD
Module 1: Wed 5th May at 5PM GMT
Module 2: Wed 12th May at 5PM GMT
It has been known for centuries that what we eat has a profound effect on our immunity. Deficiencies of macro and micronutrients can impair the immune system’s ability to fight off infections and heal wounds. Overconsumption of certain foods and food additives can cause immune dysregulation, leading to obesity, cancer and chronic inflammatory disorders. In contrast, certain naturally occurring compounds can enhance the immune response while downregulating excessive inflammation. The emerging field of nutritional immunology encompasses all of these issues. This presentation will review the fundamental principles of innate and acquired immunity, discuss the pathways that disrupt normal function and explore the use of naturally occurring substances to modulate the immune response and improve overall health.
Module 1 on Wednesday 5th May: Recognising dangerous strangers: the role of barriers and immune system activation. A physiological overview of how the innate and acquired immune systems work together to recognise and fight off unfriendly microbial invasion
Module 2 on Wednesday 12th May: A deep dive into the mechanisms by which specific nutrients, medicinal fungi, and botanicals can be used to enhance the immune response.
- How our immune system recognises and responds to pathogens
- About the intracellular signalling pathways and physiological cascades involved in the immune response
- About specific pathogen developments from fungi, bacteria to viruses
- Which nutrients and botanicals can counteract pathogens response
- Protocols and natural solutions to support immunity
Don’t miss out on what is going to be a well thought-out and well-presented Masterclass from educator and expert Dr. Robert Rountree, MD who is at the forefront of the research and has hands on experience in clinical settings.
CPD accreditation for this webinar will be rewarded.
Once registered, you will receive three reminder emails – one a week before the webinar, one a day before and one on the day of the webinar. All our webinars are recorded – you will be sent a link to the recording along with all the educational material, presentations, handouts and CPD approximately 24 to 48 hours after the event.
Below a little snippet from our speaker: Dr. Robert Rountree, MD
Dr. Robert Rountree
Functional Medicine Doctor
Robert Rountree, MD, received his medical degree from the University of North Carolina School of Medicine at Chapel Hill in 1980. He is also certified by the American Board of Family Practice. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Holistic Medicine. He has augmented his training with extensive postgraduate studies in nutritional and herbal pharmacology along with certification as a master practitioner of neuro-linguistic programming. Dr. Rountree has provided his unique combination of traditional family medicine, nutrition, herbology, and mind-body therapy in Boulder, CO, since 1983. He is coauthor of three books on integrative medicine, Immunotics: A Revolutionary Way to Fight Infection, Beat Chronic Illness, and Stay Well (Putnam, 2000); Smart Medicine for a Healthier Child (Avery Publishing, 1994); and A Parent’s Guide to Medical Emergencies (Avery, 1997).
Immune Health Events
- 7th Nov - Omega Fatty Acids: A Focus on Autoimmune Diseases
- 4th Oct - Integral Medicine™ : A Paradigm Shift in Clinical Practice
- 6th Jul - PCOS Decoded: Empowering Women with PCOS through a Lifestyle Approach
- 22nd Jun - The Gut Blueprint: Root Cause Solutions Using Nutri-Dyn Neutraceuticals
- 13th Jun - The Oral Microbiome and Systemic Disease
Events featuring Dr. Robert Rountree
- 12th May - Nutritional Immunology & Pathogens: A Masterclass
- 27th May - Nutritional Immunology: A Masterclass