The Science of Sleep: Immune Benefits
Numerous studies have reported the benefits of a good night’s sleep on the immune system. With the challenging times we live in, sleep deprivation has become rampant reducing the number of natural killer cells which fight tumours and viral infections. Learn more about human sleep-wake regulation and circadian rhythms.
Join Naturopath Yuwa Aghedo and Dr. Ameet Aggarwal to discover the science behind sleep on Wednesday 8th April at 6:00PM.
Graduated from a Naturopathic medicine college in Sydney, Australia in 2006. Yuwa qualified in Nutrition, Western herbalism and Remedial massage. Since this period she has continued to deepen her knowledge through numerous specialist courses, applying these into her practical roles as a clinician and educator. Yuwa is an experienced lecturer both in nutrition and biomedicine. She is known for her ability to make complex material understandable and enjoyable. Yuwa has a long-standing interest in cognitive health, women’s health and the wider implications of neuro-hormonal imbalance including sleep disturbance, energy dysregulation and skin health. She is currently undertaking an MSc in Personalised Nutrition, alongside training from the Institute of Functional Medicine to further develop her clinical skills
More Immune Health Events
- 7th Jan - An Interview with: A Functional Health & Energy Medicine Expert
- 11th Nov - LDN: An Old Drug that Regulates the Immune System
- 3rd Nov - The Gaps Diet: Autoimmune, Neuropathy, Allergies & Beyond
- 3rd Sep - An Interview of with Dr. Marc Bubbs: Author of Peak Performance
- 16th Jul - Immunity and Cardiovascular Disease: The Missing Link
- 8th Apr - The Master Heart Connector: Exploring Endocrine and Neurological Roles
- 24th Mar - The Metabolic Approach to Cancer: A Masterclass
- 10th Mar - Probiotics Demystified: How The Gut's Second Brain Affects Mood
- 20th Feb - An Integrated and Clinical Approach to Parkinson's Disease
- 17th Feb - An Interview With a Renowned Naturopathic Doctor