The Toxic Brain: Alzheimers, Autism and Beyond
Author And Nutritional Therapist
Patrick Holford, BSc, DipION, FBANT, NTCRP, is a leading spokesman on nutrition and founder of the Institute for Optimum Nutrition and Food for the Brain Foundation.He is the author of 40 books, translated into over 30 languages, including his latest book The Hybrid Diet, co-authored with award-winning medical journalist Jerome Burne. Patrick was involved in groundbreaking research showing that multivitamins can increase children’s IQ scores – the subject of a Horizon television documentary in the 1980s. He was one of the first promoters of the importance of zinc, essential fats, low-GL diets and homocysteine-lowering B vitamins and their importance in mental health.
Prof. Chris Exley
Keele University and Honorary Professor, University of the Highlands and Islands
Professor Christopher Exley PhD FRSB has spent over 35 years researching human exposure to aluminium (https://www.keele.ac.uk/aluminium/). In this talk Professor Exley will present his team's research on aluminium in human brain tissue, including Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis and autism. Recent research confirming a role for aluminium in Alzheimer's disease will be a focus. Dr. Exley graduated in 1985 with a degree in Biology (Univ. Stirling) and in 1989 with a PhD in the ecotoxicology of aluminium (Univ. Stirling). In 1992 he moved to Keele University with Professor JD Birchall FRS OBE to establish what is now The Birchall Centre. In 2015 Dr. Exley was elected Fellow Royal Society of Biology. His research centres about the role of aluminium in all forms of life including humans.
- 20th May - Autoimmunity: Conquering Multiple Sclerosis ( MS)
- 10th Mar - Probiotics Demystified: How The Gut's Second Brain Affects Mood
- 20th Feb - An Integrated and Clinical Approach to Parkinson's Disease
- 14th Jan - Transform Emotions and Epigenetic Expression with Sound Therapy
- 11th Nov - LDN: An Old Drug that Regulates the Immune System
Events featuring Patrick Holford
- 28th Apr - Flu Flighters: A Deep dive into Vitamin C
- 27th Feb - The Toxic Brain: Alzheimers, Autism and Beyond